Last Revised: July 6, 2014
By using our Site and our Services you agree to this Policy. Please read this Policy carefully. If you disagree with the way we collect, use, disclose, or transfer your personal information, or any other practice described in this Policy, please do not use this Site or our Services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information, including personal information, about you when you visit our Site and use our Services, including, information that we collect directly from you, information that we collect about you from third parties, and information that we collect automatically as you visit our Site and use our Services.
- Information We Collect Directly From You. We request information directly from you when you interact with our Site and use our Services. Specifically, we request information from you when you register or subscribe to our services, including: your first and last name, contact information (e.g., email and postal address, mobile and home phone numbers), credit card and billing information, and demographic information. If you purchase a service from us, then certain of the above-listed information is required, but other information (e.g., demographic) is optional. From time to time, we may request that you provide us with additional demographic information, such as your birth date, salary, education, marital status, and employment. This information is not necessary for the provisioning of your service, but we may use it to identify other products and services that may be of interest to you and for the purposes described in the section "How We Use Your Information."
Information We Collect About You From Third Parties.
We also may obtain
information about you from third parties, such as email appends services,
social networking sites, and our Refer a Friend Program. We may combine
this information with other information that we have collected about you.
- Refer a Friend. If you use our invitation service to tell a friend about our Site and our Services, we will ask you for information to send the invitation, such as your friend's email address, first name and last name. We will send your friend an email inviting him or her to visit the Site or one of our Services, as applicable. DVBLab stores this information to send this invitation, to register a friend connection if your friend accepts our invitation, and to track the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
We do not knowingly collect any personal information about children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal information about a child under the age of 13, we will delete it from our database.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use your information, including your personal (collectively, "information"), for the following purposes:
- To Provide Products & Services. We use your information to provide our
Services to you and for the purposes described in this Policy, including the
- to operate, provide, maintain, develop, and deliver our Services;
- to respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer service;
- to provide you with confirmation of purchases, invoices, support and administrative messages;
- to perform other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection; and
- link or combine information about you with other information we obtain from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- Marketing. We use your information to offer you our products and services as well as third party products and services to you that may be of interest to you. This may include passing your information on to a third party. For additional information about how a third party might use your information, please see the section below entitled, "Sharing Information with Third Parties."
- Service Improvement and Development. We use your information to respond to your inquires; operate and improve our Services or emails, improve and create a positive user experience with our Services or emails; and deliver our Services to you. Our Services include the display of personalized products, content, and advertising relating to your experience and interests.
- To administer contests and promotions;
- To send you emails, including about products and services that we believe might be of interest to you; and, with your consent (and depending upon the particular product or service that you have ordered), to send you text messages;
- Where permitted by law, and if you have not opted out, for telemarketing purposes;
- To detect and prevent abusive, fraudulent, malicious or potentially illegal activities, and to protect the rights, safety or property of DVBLab or our users; and
- To keep you posted on our latest product or service announcements, software updates, security alerts and any technical notices, and products and services that may be of interest to you.
- To Provide Products & Services. We use your information to provide our Services to you and for the purposes described in this Policy, including the following:
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We share your information, including personal information, with the following entities and for the purposes described below.
- Affiliates and Third Parties. We share your information with third parties so that they can understand the kinds of visitors to our Site and users of our Services, how those visitors use our Services, and for research purposes. We also share your information with affiliates and third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- Business Transfers/Bankruptcy. We may disclose and transfer your information to a third party who acquires any or all of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, if we become the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, we or our liquidator, administrator, receiver or administrative receiver may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the court.
- Legal Process. We disclose information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion pursuant to a request from a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith that such action is appropriate to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform function on our behalf, such as to process your order and to assist with order provisioning. These service providers also may help us perform technical functions, host our Services, analyze our data, provide marketing assistance, and provide customer service.
- Joint Venture/Promotional Partners. If we run a promotion or contest, we may share your information with the other sponsors of the contest for marketing and other purposes.
- Aggregate and Anonymized Information. We may share aggregate or anonymized information about you with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes. For example, if we display advertisements on behalf of a third party, we may share aggregate, demographic information with that third party about the users to whom we displayed the advertisements.
In each of these situations, the recipients of your data may potentially be located in any country in the world.
Site and at our
Services. "Cookies" are a feature in your browser software. We use
that may store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit
to any of the pages of this Site or our emails. Cookies assist us in tracking
which of our features appeal the most to you and what content you may
have viewed on past visits. When you visit this Site again, cookies can enable
us to customize our content according to your preferences. We may use
cookies, for example, to keep track of the number of return visits to this
site; accumulate and report aggregate, statistical information on website
usage; deliver specific content to you based on your interests or past viewing
history; and to save your password for ease of access to our Site. You can
disable certain types of cookies, but portions of the Site (such as account management)
may not work properly if you disable cookies. The Help portion of the toolbar on most
browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to
the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable
cookies altogether. There are two types of cookies: session-based and
persistent cookies. We also allow third parties to place cookies on our Site.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, which may be combined with other user information. We also use persistent cookies to enable us to recognize whether you have responded to a questionnaire or completed a registration.
- Third Party Cookies. We also engage third parties to track and analyze non-personal and personal information and to serve advertisements. To do so, we may permit third parties to apply cookies to users of our Site, where permitted by law, and, subject to your right to opt-out through the Network Advertising Initiative (as discussed below). We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Site and to analyze site usage. Such third parties may combine the information that we provide about you with other information that they have collected.
- Web Beacons. We also use electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs, clear gifs or action tags) that allow us to collect certain information about your visit to these web pages (including the number of users who have visited those pages), measure and improve the effectiveness of advertisements, and deliver services. Web beacons collect information such as a cookie number, time and date of page view and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. This information may be shared with one or more third parties so that they can understand the kinds of visitors to our Site and our Services, how those visitors use our Site, and the effectiveness of their advertisements. We may also use web beacons in email messages that we send to you, for example, to track whether recipients read our emails. Because web beacons are the same as any other content request, you cannot opt out or refuse them. web beacons can be rendered ineffective by either opting out of cookies or changing the cookie setup in your browser.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to modify this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes that materially affect the use of your personal information, we will endeavor to notify you by changing the "Last Revision" date and posting the updated Policy on this Site.
SAFEGUARD AND PROTECTION OF INFORMATION MEASURES
We take measures to protect your information. Please be advised that, although we take commercially reasonable technological precautions to protect your data, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot and do not warrant that your information will be absolutely secure. Any transmission of data at or through this site is at your own risk.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
DVBLab Services and emails may also post links to other websites over which we have no control. As such, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites when you choose to link from this Site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other web sites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com or by writing to us at: DVBLab Communication, S.L., Attn: Privacy Matters, calle Imperio Argentina, cc 1-A, urb. Monteazul, Benijofar - Alicante Spain 03178